- Why is it important to complete a background check?
Arise Background checks are required by the enterprise clients providing the servicing opportunities for security purposes. Many clients will be providing access to their confidential customer information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers and credit card data. The checks screen those registering to use the Arise Platform to ensure each is free of disqualifying criminal history and their identity is validated.
Arise does not allow usage of the platform by anyone who has been convicted of or pled guilty to certain felony or misdemeanor charges; including but not limited to theft, fraud, identity theft, or other similar violations.
- How do I complete a background check?
The Arise background check report is initiated by you and conducted by an independent third-party background search company. All background checks are conducted in accordance with applicable law.
- Why do I have to pay for a background check and to whom do I make payment?
The fee for the Arise background check is paid directly to the third-party vendor that conducts the check. First Advantage accepts American Express, Visa and MasterCard credit cards ONLY. Credit cards from companies other than the three previously stated are not accepted along with Visa debit cards.
If you will be working for a call center using the platform, there are some companies that will help cover some, or all, of the fees. As you research the business you are considering to work for, this is a reasonable question to ask.
- If a background check was done by a previous employer and I can obtain a copy, will that work?
Unfortunately, Arise cannot accept prior background checks.
- What is the step-by-step process for completing a background check?
To proceed with your background check, take the following steps*:
1. Go to Arise dashboard at https://portal.arise.com/.
2. Click on the “Start Now” tab next to Background Check
2. Follow instructions
3. Enter your social security number where prompted using the following
4. Proceed to the background search company’s website.
A little background on the background check…
- The check is done nationwide and includes name, social security number, and address verification.
- You will be charged $7.95, which is paid directly to the third-party background check vendor*. Credit and debit cards are accepted.
All information submitted on your profile and for the background check must be accurate. Background check reports are valid for three months from the order date. If it takes longer to go through the Admissions process, you will have to restart the process and pay any required fees again.
The background check vendor maintains its own website and publishes materials for general distribution. Some of the language contained on the website may not accurately reflect the Arise registration process or the Arise platform.
- It takes just a few minutes to complete the background check, and results are usually posted three business days after submission.
- Individuals who have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor that involves theft, fraud, or identity theft will not be able to register on the Arise platform.
Arise may request verification of your name or address as submitted in your profile or as part of the background check order.
- Where does the registrant go when they are directed away from the platform registration website to request the background check (vendor, website, etc.)?
After selecting ‘Proceed to Website’ the registrant will be directed to secure website of First Advantage. First Advantage is the third party that provides the background check service.
- What information will I have to provide?
You will provide the following details. This information is vital to complete the two-part order process:
Full legal name
All other names you have ever been known by
Date of birth
- How can I communicate with the Arise background check vendor?
You can contact First Advantage via the information below:
First Advantage Premier Customer Service Team
8am –8pm EST
•Option 1 –Background and Technical Questions
- How long does the process take?
The background check process can take 1-3 business days. Some registrants may find their reports are returned the same day. Entering accurate information can speed up the timeline!
- What sort of issues will hinder the outcome of a background check?
Be sure to complete the background check order completely and accurately; provide all details requested. If additional details or verification is required, the vendor will contact you. Current and previous address history may be requested.
- How do I dispute a Arise background check if needed?
In regard to the Arise background check, please refer to the adverse communication sent by the third party background check vendor First Advantage. Communication will be sent via regular postal mail to the address you entered for the First Advantage background check order.
vendor information is as follows:
First Advantage Background Services Corp.
P.O. Box 105292
Atlanta, GA 30348
Phone: (800) 845-6004
- Do I have to complete a new background check for each opportunity I register or is this a one-time deal?
The registration background check results are good for one year. Should an additional background check be required as part of a client opportunity enrollment, the details will be listed in the opportunity announcement available prior to expressing interest in the opportunity.