We are so excited to have you as a candidate for the Customer Care Specialist role! I want to make the most of your time on this call, so over the next 30 minutes here’s what we will cover: First, a high level overview of the company and the opportunity, then I’ll ask you a few questions about your background and interest in the opening, walk you through process and next steps, and leave the last few minutes to answer any questions you might have.
What You Should Know About Assurant:
• We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892.
• We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 14,000 people in 21 countries.
• We are a global risk management company that provides specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks – and protect what matters most to our clients.
Benefits for Assurant Employees:
• Detailed benefits can be found at myassurantbenefits.com
• Medical & Dental coverage starts on your first day.
• 401K option after your first 30 days with up to a 6% corporate match for eligible pay.
• Generous paid-time-off package with 23 total days, including holidays
• Offer tuition reimbursement for business-related courses.
• Employees are eligible to participate in our Enterprise US Employee Incentive Plan. The amount of this bonus ranges from 0 - $750 depending on company performance and is payable in December. If you were hired on 10/1 or later of the current year, you will not be eligible for the Enterprise US Employee Incentive Plan until December of the following year.
Customer Care Specialist Position Specifics:
The role of a Customer Care Specialist is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and clients. You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact, and Assurant is very much invested in your success in this role. Providing excellent customer service is top priority for us!
This role is responsible for answering around 80-120 inbound calls daily from customers who have questions, concerns or need additional information regarding their mortgage accounts, hazard insurance or additional property protection they have purchased.
We believe in providing our Customer Care Specialists with the ability to measure their success rate on a daily basis and have implemented clear, key performance indicators for you to track each day. These include: customer satisfaction, call time and the number of customers you help daily. You will receive extensive training to ensure you possess the tools you need to succeed and to meet these goals on a consistent basis.
The competencies we look for in our team members are active listening, problem solving and a strong commitment to quality. Excellent Customer Care Specialists enjoy being on the phone and helping customers find a resolution.