**Accepting remote candidates, possible Exceptions for these states: AK, AZ, CA, HI, OR, VT, WA, WY**
What do we do?
We protect and secure the places people live and the things they buy. But we never forget what matters most. It’s the businesses and the people around the world that depend on Assurant to keep life moving forward.
What is a Customer Care Specialist?
A Customer Care Specialist is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and clients. You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact and care about helping others. The Customer Experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You are a listener and problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone, and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find a resolution.
When you start, we train you:
- It’s a combination of “classroom” & “on-the-job” training that is typically four weeks long, but the duration can vary
- Classroom training hours are typically Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm with a lunch break
- Upon completion of classroom training, you will receive your regular shift & start working those hours
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Handle inbound calls from our customers by researching and resolving loan-level inquiries in hazard insurance, mortgage banking, and property loss.
- This role requires listening to our customer's concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issues.
- Because every customer is different, we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customer's current challenges, solve them, and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges.
- You may be asked to participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities, and adjust priorities as requested.
- A robust paid training environment enables you to learn the business, the systems, the policies, and most importantly, how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges. Training will be a combination of classroom, online and side-by-side observations.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following:
- Strong attention to detail
- Love talking to people and having the ability to WOW customers on every call
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Relentless drive to own the customer's problem and resolve it
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task using technology, including call handling, loan level review, and call documentation
- A minimum high school diploma or GED and one year of work experience required
- College degree with 0-1 year of work experience preferred
IMPORTANT: This position requires you to complete a phone screen guide. You will be redirected upon clicking the apply button. If you have any questions/issues, please get in touch with the recruiter.