What we do?
We protect and secure the places people live and the things they buy. But we never forget what matters most. It’s the businesses and the people around the world that depend on Assurant to keep life moving forward.
What is a Customer Service Representative?
The role of a Customer Service Representative is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and clients. You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact and you care about helping others. The Customer Experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You are a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find resolution.
When you start, we train you:
- It’s a combination of “classroom” & “on the job” training that is typically 4 weeks long but duration can vary
- Classroom training hours are typically Monday through Friday from 8am – 5pm with a lunch break
- Upon completion of class room training you will receive your regular shift & start working those hours
Schedule and Shift:
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Monday to Friday – 4 weeks on-site
Shifts will be determined during training – available shifts are:
• 11:00am to 8:00pm
• 12:00pm to 9:00pm
• 1:00pm to 10:00pm
• 3:00pm to 12:00midnight
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Handle in-bound calls from our customers by researching and resolving loan level inquiries in hazard insurance, mortgage banking and property loss.
- This role requires listening to our customer’s concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issue.
- Because every customer is different we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers current challenges, solve them, and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges.
- You may be asked to participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities, and adjust priorities as requested.
- A robust paid training environment that enables you to learn the business, the systems, policies and most importantly how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges. Training will be a combination of classroom, online and side-by-side observations.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Love talking to people and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Relentless drive to own the customers problem and resolve it
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work well in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task using technology, including call handling, loan level review and call documentation
- Minimum high school diploma or GED, and 1 year work experience required
- College degree with 0-1 year work experience, preferred
- Bilingual candidates must be able to read and write Spanish