What we do?
We protect and secure the places people live and the things they buy. But we never forget what matters most. It’s the businesses and the people around the world that depend on Assurant to keep life moving forward.
What is a Senior Procurement Manager?
Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for strategy, sourcing, category management and supplier governance of complex third-party IT service providers to maximize the business value from the relationships. The successful candidate will be: Accountable for identifying and recommending highly complex and diverse value-add opportunities to support a global delivery model for Assurant IT and businesses. Responsible for the management of assigned supplier relationships within the IT category. Responsible for suppliers within the assigned category with an emphasis on performance, value, risk, and customer service.
- Monday through Friday – Preferred but flexible
- 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EST
- Full Time
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Category Strategy Execution
- Conduct strategic studies of various operational areas and vendors assigned to the manager. This includes an in-depth review & assessment of existing operating model, processes, service levels, technology & total cost of operations, identifying synergies and risks along the way & understanding cost metrics associated with same.
- Define global delivery model solutions to maximize the value of outsourcing service providers and the respective deals for Assurant. Prevent leakage of value, minimize risks associated with the relationship, and ensure planned cost savings are realized.
- Develop strong financial business cases for various strategic opportunities.
- Work with existing and new suppliers to develop new innovative solutions, and validate elements of category strategies.
- Lead complex supplier negotiations requiring understanding of contractual terms and sourcing levers as required.
- Lead, Implement, and continuously improve supplier governance details including: Contract, Financial, Performance, and Relationship Management
- Develop a deep expertise of Assurant and services that are being outsourced to the supplier and develop effective solutions to operational and contractual problems.
- Ensure governance and value tracking processes for assigned suppliers are effective and in compliance with Assurant’s policies and in alignment with established category strategies.
- Manage supplier performance, outsourcing portfolio and opportunity catalog across a potentially vast array of supplier services and outsourced functions.
- Serve as supplier-specific subject matter expert pertaining to delivery of services and performance, financial & contract management throughout the life of the relationship.
- Maintain current industry regulation knowledge, with respect to outsourcing strategies and supplier management.
- Monitor outsourcing environment to keep current on provider and industry trends.
- Develop the solution design, operational requirement documents, Service Levels, and deal structures with Sourcing.
- Develop and manage issue and risk action and mitigation plans.
- In collaboration with Sourcing AND Legal support all activities associated with the execution and review of contracts.
- Make recommendations for ongoing contract language changes to optimize Assurant’s position & overall supplier performance, increasing the value (and cost savings) throughout the life of the agreement and in conjunction with Legal contracts team.
- In collaboration with Legal, Risk and Compliance assist in developing effective negotiating strategies for outsourcing contracts.
- Work on complex supplier negotiations requiring understand of contractual terms and sourcing levers. Lead the negotiation for complex change orders and new SOWs within the existing Master Agreement.
- Use Procurement tools to systematically manage contracts, contractors, and supply chain Stakeholder/Relationship Management
- Directly interact with senior leadership of the functional area using vendors’ products and/or services. Collaborate with Business Relationship Managers (BRM) of business / functional areas to ensure BRMs maximize customer relationship opportunities to increase Managed Spend.
- Orchestrate and facilitate governance meeting between senior leadership from Assurant and service provider leadership. Develop and manage the Agenda for these discussions such that it creates meaningful and valuable engagement on both sides.
- Partner with stakeholders to create and launch tactical implementation plans.
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal clients & colleagues at all levels.
- Develop transition methodology for all major functions, modify them for specific business situations, and work with operations to use the methodologies for strategic delivery.
- Develop or redesign processes to ensure smooth transition from current to future state, using global delivery models.
- Identify and document appropriate process maps, SLAs and KPIs.
- Develop and manage outsourcing issue and risk mitigation management plans.
- Manage multiple initiatives and/or programs.
- Serve as member of cross-functional teams; lead meetings as appropriate and influence line functions.
- Mentor and coach others in outsourcing and supplier governance processes and industry practices.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT and/or business, supply chain or equivalent
- MBA/MS degree in IT, MIS, business, supply chain or equivalent preferred
- 5 years relevant experience in (a) sourcing / procurement/ vendor management at large multinational companies or (b) shared services and outsourcing advisory or operational consulting.
- Financial acumen with 3 or more years of experience in roles involving creating complex business case for outsourcing services (client or provider).
- Hands-on experience in negotiating complex contracts, preferably in IT area.
- 2 years using Fieldglass to manage outsourcing contracts and contractors.
- Proven track record in outsourcing benchmarking, market analyses and contract negotiations.
- Master knowledge of contract terms and conditions (T&C), specifically technology provisions.
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team environment.
- Experience working with cross functional global teams.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and influencing skills especially with senior level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and highly matrixed environment.
- Strong financial acumen; ability to understand outsourcing impact to P&L, ability to develop complex business cases & continually assess/determine total cost of ownership at both a functional level and supplier level.
- Strong Fieldglass skills, including report writing, set-up, and system administration.
- Strong Excel modeling skills, and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Strong executive presence to work with senior leaders within Assurant.
- Evidence of successful management of large programs and projects.
- Management consulting experience and/or sourcing / procurement experience at large multinational firms will be an added advantage.
- Outsourcing experience at large multinational firms will be an added advantage.
- Experience in process transformation, cost reduction and global delivery model strategy highly desirable.
- Strong background in working on enterprise wide projects for large complex organizations, preferably in financial services or insurance industry.
- Outsourcing governance & strategy from leading industry associations e.g. IAOP, HFS, etc.
- Certifications in Project/Program/Product Management desirable.