What we do?
We protect and secure the places people live and the things they buy. But we never forget what matters most. It’s the businesses and the people around the world that depend on Assurant to keep life moving forward.
What is a Mailroom Specialist?
A Mailroom Specialist Sorts and delivers incoming mail by department and/or employee to ensure timely distribution.
Monday – Friday 4:00 pm – 12:30 am
- The Mailroom Specialist will perform various functions in the department.
- The candidate must be able to work in a fast passed environment. They must be able to quickly learn multiple procedures and apply these procedures to the incoming or outgoing mail.
- We are looking for candidates that are able to deliver results with high quality and production standards.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Responsible for printing, validating and quality checking outgoing loss drafts letters and packets
- Responsible for opening, preparing and scanning incoming mail documents
- Responsible for prepping incoming electronic mail, preparing outgoing overnight packages, or operating mail equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to make good decisions
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to learn multiple policies and procedures.
- Overtime may be required
- Prior mail room experience preferred.