Assists food production of patients and retail services. Performs short-order cooking and serving of food and/or the preparation of sandwiches at the Grill and Deli/Food Station. Prepares, seasons, cooks, displays, and serves food according to recipes and specifications for patient and retail services.
- Morning (6:00am – 2:30pm)
- Evening (1:30pm – 9:30pm)
RESPONSIBILITIES: Job Specific Duties
- Maintains food production sheets for the hot station and the grill areas by weighing food items for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Dates, labels and maintains prepared food items fresh following the FIFO (First In, First Out) method.
- Ensures food is served at safe and proper temperatures (hot food hot, cold food cold).
- Records temperatures daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner for patients and or/retail.
- Ensures the service area is clean, sanitized and organized condition at all times. Performs daily cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen equipment used for cooking.
- Prepares and cooks certain food items (e.g., burgers, fries, soups, sauces, vegetables, and entrees) according to projections and historical data.
- Follows proper food safety and cooking techniques and methods.
- Prepares, seasons and sets up at assigned times food that is appealing, tastes good, and is consistent with standardized recipes.
- Records and maintains, with the assistance of Storeroom Clerks an accurate production and quality assurance records.
- Serves food following pre-established guidelines for portion size and doing so in an orderly manner.
- Serves food to customers (employees, visitors, and patients) in a pleasant, healthy and polite manner.
- Floats and works in other areas of the Food & Nutrition Services department when needed.
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education requirements. F: Semi-Annual/T: 2 hours/R: Individual
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as outlined by NCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy & procedures. Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards. F: Daily/T: 2 hours/R: Individual
- Ensures behavior meets and/or exceeds targeted service scores as measured by the Service Index and/or the internal departmental service survey. F: Daily/T: 8 hours/R: Individual
- Maintains knowledge of, and follows, relevant departmental and MCH policies and procedures.
- Volume cooking experience in hospital, hotel, institutional, or catering setting
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Able to float and cover in other areas of the Food & Nutrition Services department when needed.
- Graduate of a cooking school with 1 year of volume cooking experience in a quality operation preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with customers and co-workers.
- Basic knowledge in use of computers and printers.
- Ability to learn appropriate software application(s).
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation standards based on ServSafe
- Knowledge of Spanish is helpful.
- Able to follow detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Proficiency in food safety and proper cooking techniques and methods.
- Must Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds