Supports food production of patients and retail services. Identifying, storing, and rotating food items to be used during daily production. Prepares and displays hot and cold food according to recipes and specifications for patient and retail services. Performs short-order cooking and serving of food and/or the preparation of sandwiches at the Grill and Deli/Food Station.
- Morning (6:00am – 2:30pm)
RESPONSIBILITIES: Job Specific Duties
- Performs short-order cook, serve and prepare food/sandwiches at the Deli/Food Station.
- Identify, store, and rotate food items to be used during daily production.
- Dates, labels and stores prepared food items in designated areas and rotates them following the FIFO (First In, First Out) method.
- Documents & maintains accurate production and quality assurance records. Ensures food is served at safe & proper temperatures (hot food hot, cold food cold).
- Maintains the preparation & presentation areas in an organized manner at all times. Performs daily cleaning & sanitizing of the preparation and presentation areas.
- Prepares (peels, slices, cuts, dices and chops) various foods for daily production according to projections and historical data.
- Prepares food for breakfast and lunch at the grill. Cooks breakfast, lunch and dinner as assigned.
- Prepares under the supervision of the Chef certain assigned food items for patients/retail/catering that are tasty and consistent with standardized recipes.
- Presents salads along with other cold and hot foods in an attractive, healthy and organized manner.
- Sets up and stocks the food items in the service area in a timely and presentable manner.
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education requirements. F: Semi-Annual/T: 2 hours/R: Individual
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as outlined by NCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy & procedures. Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards. F: Daily/T: 2 hours/R: Individual
- Ensures behavior meets and/or exceeds targeted service scores as measured by the Service Index and/or the internal departmental service survey. F: Daily/T: 8 hours/R: Individual
- Maintains knowledge of, and follows, relevant departmental and MCH policies and procedures.
- 1 year of experience as short order/grill cooking and/or cold food preparation in a quality operation
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Graduate of a cooking school with accredited apprenticeship preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with customers and co-workers.
- Basic knowledge in use of computers and printers.
- Ability to learn appropriate software application(s).
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation standards based on ServSafe.
- Knowledge of Spanish is helpful.
- Able to follow detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Proficiency in food safety and proper cooking techniques and methods.
- Must Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds