What We do?
We’re one of Florida’s oldest and largest not-for-profit health plans, providing Medicare Advantage coverage in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, Individual and Family coverage in numerous counties including Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach, and coverage for Employer Groups in 52 counties across the state.
What is Coordinator, Accounts Payable?
Coordinates the people, processes and technologies that comprise the Accounts Payable business function. Assists to process non-claim invoices and employee reimbursements. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
Schedule and Shift:
Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Processes daily invoices and payment requests and sets up new suppliers in the account payable system.
- Develops and maintains the processes for accurately and timely processing the workflow of daily, weekly and monthly AP functions, including the month-end close process, as related to supplier setup and payments, GL coding and reconciling, tax compliance, supplier relations, and internal communication and reporting.
- Processes weekly and monthly pay cycles to brokers, suppliers, providers and employees.
- Plans, manages, coordinates and distributes the work activities of staff in the department to guarantee duties are performed on time.
- Reconciles invoice statements, researches and responds to inquiries made by leadership, vendors, and suppliers.
- Prepares and distributes required monthly and periodic reports for management review and compliance reporting purposes, as well as monitoring department performance (outstanding invoices, aging schedules, closing accrual files, etc.).
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of annual Internal Revenue Service (IRS) reporting requirements and responds timely to IRS communications and notices
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Type of experience: Accounts payable leadership Electronic data processing using a financial system An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Passionate About Who We Are and What We Do, Embraces Our Values.
- Builds strong, collaborative, diverse teams that work together to achieve common goals.
- Develops and maintains successful partnerships with others inside and outside the organization.
- Applies technical and job-related knowledge, skills and abilities to produce high quality results.
- Successfully delivers verbal and written communications tailored to the unique needs and styles of various audiences.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organization’s goals, enabling the team to focus and move in the right direction.
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel) Proficiency: Advanced
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)