What we do?
We protect and secure the places people live and the things they buy. But we never forget what matters most. It’s the businesses and the people around the world that depend on Assurant to keep life moving forward.
What is a Customer Service Representative?
The role of a Customer Service Representative is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and clients. You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact and you care about helping others. The Customer Experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You are a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find resolution.
When you start, we train you:
- It’s a combination of “classroom” & “on the job” training that is typically 4 weeks long but duration can vary
- Classroom training hours are typically Monday through Friday from 8am – 5pm with a lunch break
- Upon completion of class room training you will receive your regular shift & start working those hours
- Monday to Friday – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
- 11:00am to 8:00pm
- 12:00pm to 9:00pm
- 1:00pm to 10:00pm
- Schedules will be determined during training
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provides front line, direct contact with customers when filing claims over the phone.
- Informs customers of the organization’s products and/or services.
- Files claims by collecting pertinent information from customers.
- Answers routine questions and resolves basic problems, refers more difficult items to higher level team members for guidance.
- Follows standard screens/scripts to perform most tasks, the ability to navigate a computer-based system, maintains and updates company records as needed.
- Processes and determines coverage by reviewing forms and other applicable records.
- Maintains professionalism and effectively interacts with all contacts, both internal and external.
- Maintains department quality standards and performs job duties as directed by supervisor
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft based programs and computer products
- An acute attention to detail/accuracy and effective note taking/documenting skills
- Must be able to handle/process high call volumes, at times while adhering to scheduled breaks/lunches in accordance business needs.
- Experience in similar customer service function or call center experience.
- Focus on Customers – Demonstrates professionalism when dealing with customers.
- Apply Functional Knowledge – Demonstrates an understanding of complex technical or functional information, products, and services.
- Demonstrate Resilience – Adjusts actions in response to shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Learn Continuously – Applies learning from past experiences, and continuously seeks new information and asks questions
- Demonstrates minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Assurant's bonus program offers the following incentives for candidates:
- You can earn $250 per month, paid quarterly, simply by surpassing our Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and maintaining perfect attendance for a single month. Plus, there are mid-year and end-of-year bonuses, allowing you to earn up to $3,500 in extra income each year.
Apply now and seize the chance to earn big with our Global Housing Customer Care Incentives!