What We do?
We’re one of Florida’s oldest and largest not-for-profit health plans, providing Medicare Advantage coverage in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, Individual and Family coverage in numerous counties including Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach, and coverage for Employer Groups in 52 counties across the state.
What is Treasury Specialist?
The Treasury Specialist assists the Sr. Treasury Specialist and Manger of Treasury Services in conducting due diligence and processing transactions to limit the outstanding payments on the company books. In addition, the Treasury Specialist is cross-trained by the Sr. Treasury Specialist to serve as a back-up for the administration of the purchasing card program and cash management responsibilities to include processing daily cash reconciliation, corporate banking reports, and disbursement/transfer functions for both Treasury and Accounts Payable.
Schedule and Shift:
- Hybrid position
- Onsite: Wednesday and Thursday
- Remote: Monday, Tuesday and Friday
- Office hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Processes Void to Re-issue requests in both Settlement Advocate and HRP.
- Generates copies of archived EOPs as necessary.
- Resends returned payments to forwarding addresses.
- Assist with check distribution from AP cycles.
- Assist with record clean-up in Treasury area.
- Cross-train on Sr. Treasury Specialist duties to provide coverage in absence.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Designs and presents process controls to management for approval. Implements and monitors approved controls to ensure departmental and corporate goals are achieved. Performs quality reviews of disbursement batches to ensure proper payments and prevent fraud.
- Serves as the liaison between cardholders and the card issuer; Assists with account maintenance and the resolution of card usage problems; Provides training for new and existing card holders.
- Maintains databases, reporting and documentation to monitor cardholder statement activity, accounts payable reconciliation, general ledger processing, verification of card requests, credit limit requests and verification of the purchasing card agreements.
- Prior experience with Peoplesoft and/or Workday
- Good excel experience and Microsoft Office
- Accounting or Treasury background
- Accounts payable, bookkeeping or treasury related experience.
- Experience with purchasing card implementation and administration preferred.
- Successfully delivers verbal and written communications tailored to the unique needs and styles of various audiences
- Makes well-informed, thoughtful, timely, and effective decisions to achieve results, solve problems and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Adjusts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations, demonstrating openness to change, ability to juggle multiple tasks, and determination when faced with challenges.
- Able to creating word documents, communicate through Teams and Outlook.